CANCELLATIONS & CLOSURES
All programs and activities are canceled until further notice. All playground and outdoor exercise equipment is closed. Athletic fields, basketball courts and golf courses are also closed at this time. Parks and trails remain open for cycling, running and walking, but we ask that you continue to practice social distancing and safe hygiene while in our parks. Please note, all buildings are closed at this time. Be safe, stay healthy and take care of each other.
PLAYGROUND & EXERCISE EQUIPMENT CLOSURE - Thursday, March 19, 2020
UP TO DATE CANCELLATIONS AND CLOSINGS - Monday, March 16, 2020
UPDATE: Effective as of 3:00 p.m. today, the following are cancelled and closed until further notice. This includes:
• Adult Leagues: Men’s basketball at Frazer on Wednesdays and Women’s at Magnarelli Community Center on Mondays.
• Arts & Craft classes at the Burnet Park Arts & Crafts Facility. The facility will be closed.
• Aquatics activities are now cancelled at all locations: Huntington, Valley and Southwest Pools. Pools will remain closed. Staff are currently contacting registered participants.
• Ice Skating at Meachem and Sunnycrest Ice Rinks. Both rinks will be closed.
• Permits: All league and facility permits are not being issued until further notice. Current permit holders will be contacted when we have more information.
• Senior exercising classes at the Bob Cecile and Magnarelli Senior Centers. Both Centers are closed. Times and locations for senior meal distribution will be provided as details are finalized.
• All youth community centers are closed, including: Lou Bova Butternut Community Center at Schiller Park, Magnarelli Community Center at McChesney Park, Seals Community Center at Kirk Park , Wilson Park Community Center, and Westmoreland Community Center. This includes After-School Pograms at Ed Smith School and Northest Community Center. Meal distribution information will be provided as details are finalized.
After-School Program Cancellations - Sunday, March 15, 2020
Our after-school programs at Ed Smith School and the Northeast Community Center are cancelled Monday, March 16 - Tuesday, April 14, 2020.
All other park facilities and programs are operating as normal at this time. Please continue to follow us on FB or visit: https://bit.ly/2U6sEl1 for updates.
For a listing of our facilities please visit: https://bit.ly/3aV92al
For questions contact us at 315.473.4330.
For more information on COVID-19 visit: http://www.syrgov.net/coronavirus.html
Colonial Laundromat Battle of the Badges Basketball Game POSTPONED
UPDATE FROM THE SYRACUSE PARKS CONSERVANCY on 3/13/20 at 4:40 pm: March 25th EVENT POSTPONED - "It is premature to set a new date for the game, so we intend to monitor the situation, and as soon as circumstances warrant, we will select a new date. We at the Conservancy are convinced that the Battle, whenever it is finally held, will be an outstanding event for the entire Syracuse community..." Stay tuned!