Announcements & News
Beginning tomorrow at 8 AM, users can register for skating sessions from 1/19 - 1/25. Click here to register.
SENIOR INDOOR WALKING OPTION AVAILABLE AT MAGNARELLI CENTER TO CITY RESIDENTS
Pre-registration for all sessions will be required and COVID-19 rules will be in effect
Syracuse, N.Y. – The City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation & Youth Programs will offer opportunities for City residents, ages 55 and older, to walk or run laps at the Magnarelli Community Center gymnasium, located at 2308 Grant Boulevard, beginning Tuesday, Jan. 19.
“We understand the importance of physical activity and how the lack of it can impact an individual’s overall well-being. We have been working hard to comply with all current local and state guidance while balancing the safety of our employees and community to creatively deliver recreational opportunities to our residents,” said Parks Commissioner Julie LaFave. “The walking sessions at Magnarelli Community Center are just another example of us trying to adapt to our current situation. If the demand for more indoor walking is there, we will gladly add additional sessions.”
Capacity will be limited based on current local and state guidance. As of Wednesday, Nov. 25, building occupancy will not exceed eight (8) walkers at a time. Advanced registration is required. Residents can register for one session per day.
Walking sessions will be available Tuesday through Thursday for one hour, including arrival and departure. To start, session times will be offered at the following times:
- 8:00 a.m.
- 9:30 a.m.
- 11:00 a.m.
Online reservations can be made at Syracuse.recdesk.com starting Tuesday, Jan. 12 at 8 a.m. and will open one week in advance. Residents are encouraged to set up an account prior to registering. Walk-up admissions will not be allowed.
The following health and safety precautions will be taken:
- Residents who are not feeling well are asked to stay home.
- Masks must be worn in the building at all times.
- Temperatures will be taken for each patron prior to entry.
- Walkers must remain six feet apart from other walkers unless they reside in the same household.
- Locker rooms will remain closed. Center users should come ready to walk and leave once they are done or when the session is over. Additional programs and activities will not be available.
- Exercise rooms will remain closed.
- Staff will clean building areas throughout the hour-long sessions and will conduct a deeper cleaning in the 30-minute window between sessions, when the building is completely emptied out.
For more information, call the City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation & Youth Programs at 315-473-4330.
Main Office: Closed to the public. Please call 315.473.4330 between the hours of 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday - Friday or email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions. For tree emergencies that occur outside of the listed hours, please call Central Dispatch at 315.448.8361.
Adult Leagues: Cancelled until further notice.
Community Centers: Closed until further notice for programming. Grab & Go Meals will continue to be available Monday - Friday at three (3) locations below.
- Kirk Park Community Center: 4:30-5:50 p.m.
- Schiller Park Community Center: 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Westmoreland Community Center: 3-4 p.m.
Also, click on “Programs” above for information on Virtual programming for youth and families!
- Burnet: Closed for the season.
- Sunnycrest: Closed for the season.
- Clinton Square: Limited availability per skate session by reservation only. Click "Programs" above to make a reservation or visit www.skatesinthecity.com for more information. Birthday room is not available.
- Meachem: Public skate is limited availability per skate session by reservation only. Click "Programs" above to make a reservation. Permits available for 10-hour minimum rental. For more information email Joe Burns at email@example.com or Trevor Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunnycrest: Closed until further notice
Pools: Closed until further notice.
Senior Centers (Cecile & Magnarelli): Closed until further notice with the exception of Walking Sessions for City residents, 55 and older at Magnarelli. Advanced registration required. Walk-ups are not allowed. To register for a walking session click here.
Meachem Ice Rink to Offer Public Skate with COVID-19 Protocols in Place - Monday, December 21, 2020
Meachem Ice Rink will begin offering public ice skating on Monday, Dec. 28, 2020.
Ice rink capacity will be limited based on current local and state guidance. As of Wednesday, Nov. 25, rink occupancy will not exceed nine (9) skaters at a time. Advanced registration is required and admission payment for each skater will be required through syracuse.recdesk.com by credit card only.
Reservations will open Wednesday, Dec. 23 at 8 a.m. and will open one week in advance at 8 a.m. prior to each reservation. All youth ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Skating sessions will be available in 75 minute increments, starting at:
10 a.m. (55 and older only)
· 11:30 a.m.
· 1 p.m.
· 2:30 p.m.
The facility will close between sessions for cleaning and sanitation. Meachem public skate hours will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday - Friday until the end of the year. New hours will be posted for the 2021 dates.
Skate admission fees are: $5.00 for adults; $3.00 for youth (ages 12 and under) and seniors (55+). Skate rental will be $5.00 per person. Cash and credit card will be accepted. A 2.75%, non-refundable transaction fee will be applied to all credit card transactions. Visa, Mastercard and Discover will be accepted.
All social distancing guidelines mandated by City of Syracuse, Onondaga County and New York State must be followed. Masks must be worn at all times and gloves or mittens must be worn on the ice.
Building access will be limited to changing in and out of skates only. Concessions will not be sold.
group discounts will not be available during the 2020-21 skate season. Coupons
will not be accepted.
For more information visit Syracuse.recdesk.com or contact Joe Burns at email@example.com.
HOW TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT
VISA, MASTERCARD and DISCOVER will be accepted. Be advised there will be a 2.75%, non-refundable, transaction fee applied to each credit card transaction (subject to change).
Department Refund Policy:
All program and reservation refunds are required to be submitted in writing 30 days from the start of the program or rental for a full refund, less the $5.00 processing fee, with the exception of aquatics programs. Aquatics programs must be submitted ten (10) days for a full refund, less the $5.00 processing fee. Please be advised that credit card transaction fees will not be refunded in any case. All refunds will be paid by check and take 2-4 weeks to process.