ATHLETIC PERMITS are now being processed provided they are in accordance with the current guidelines mandated by New York State, Onondaga County and the City of Syracuse. Failure to comply with the current guidelines will result in the denial or revocation of a permit.
Prior to applying, please be advised that due to Department staff shortages and financial restrictions, all field maintenance and facility sanitizing/cleaning will be the responsibility of the permit holder. This also includes the customary “start of the season” field preparation.
The following items must be received before the permit will be issued:
- A written plan outlining how the permit holder intends to practice social distancing for the participants and spectators, at all times.
- A written plan how the field area and facility, if necessary, will be cleaned and sanitized before and after each use.
- Updated certificate of liability insurance with the City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation and Youth Programs listed as additionally insured for a minimum of $1,000,000.
- $30.00 permit fee (per field) payment.
Permit applications, plans, and insurance can be emailed to Trevor Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org. If all items are received and approved, a link will be emailed for credit payment. A 2.75% non-refundable processing fee will be charged. Checks or money orders can also be made payable to: Commissioner of Finance and mailed to 412 Spencer Street, Syracuse, NY 13204, Attn: Athletic Field PermitsFor more information about athletic field permits, please email email@example.com.
Park buildings, community centers and senior centers remain closed to the public.
- Picnic Permits are available April 15 - October 1. | Wedding Permits are available April 15 - October 31
- Deadlines: Application deadlines are due a minimum of 30 days prior to requested date.
- Fees: Permit Fee $30.00 for each spot per 4 hours | Electrical Hook - Up $20.00, where outlets are available
- How to Apply: Applications can be downloaded, completed, and sent to: Syracuse Parks & Recreation, 412 Spencer Street, Syracuse, NY 13204, ATTN: Britney Farmer.
Programs Guidelines Handbook. Please note that the organization will be responsible for providing a certificate of liability insurance for $1 million that names the City of Syracuse as additionally insured. If other services are required, including police, electricians, etc., you may be responsible for covering those costs as well. Please do not assume you have the site until you have the permit. For more information or questions about community and outdoor events, please email
Britney Farmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The official athletic season begins April to October, weather permitting. First preference is given to city schools and city groups.
- Deadlines: Application deadlines are due 30 days prior to the requested date.
- $30.00 permit fee + hourly rate (see below)
- City Resident $50.00 an hour | Non-City $75.00 an hour
- Additional $25.00 per hour for lights, for all groups
- $30.00 Permit Fee
- $150.00 first hour of the permit
- $75.00 for each additional hour
- $30.00 permit fee + $15.00 an hour
- Additional $45.00 per hour for lights, for all groups ( Limited options available)
- How to Apply: Applications can be downloaded, completed and sent to: Syracuse Parks & Recreation, 412 Spencer Street, Syracuse, NY 13204, ATTN: Athletic Department